Wednesday, December 29, 2010

goodbye 2010...hello 2011

I can't believe another year has already passed. Isn't it crazy to think back on 2010, let alone 2009, and how much life has changed since? 2009 brought so many changes in my life, namely getting married and setting up permanent residence in the st. louis area. 2010 started off with getting a new puppy, our ornery miniature dachshund, Mackey. I can't even imagine life without him now! He is such a joy and a constant source of entertainment. I finally finished formal schooling in may, and completely finished my degree just a few days ago.

2011 looks to be an even better year than last with a my first big kid job starting January 3. We're looking to buy a house in the area...so tired of apartment life! We'll set up shop here for a few years and then move back to Indiana when the time is right (hopefully at a time when Stephen can find a job easier). I'm so excited for the coming year! In accordance with the tradition of setting resolutions for the coming year, I've only got one: waste less.

Waste less.

It sounds so simple, but it encompasses all areas of life. Waste less food by buying only the things I need in the quantities I need. Waste less time by planning and being more productive with free time. Waste less resources by reusing and recycling as much as possible. I could go on and on, but I think it's a good start. It's manageable, so I will be able to stick to it! :)

Also, I'm going to continue to eat better by including more and more whole, natural, and possibly organic foods into our meals (especially meat). It's time to get away from the processed crap full of additives and who knows what else and back to what we were intended to eat. My favorite magazine, Cooking Light, is implementing 12 healthy habits...one each month for the coming year. January's is "eat more veggies." I'd like to think that I do pretty well with this one, but I'm going to start consciously implementing at least one meatless meal per week and adding more salads to our meals. We'll see how it goes, as Stephen is wary of "meatless" anything...just have to disguise it differently, I suppose.

And so, should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Of course not. wishing you all a happy and safe 2011.

No comments: