Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Falling off the wagon

Last full week of January, and the resolutions have been going okay. Not stellar, not bad, just okay. With working at L&B until late each night, I don't often get to cook, so we've been making more leftovers and convenience foods. It's good that we are finally getting the freezer cleaned out (especially with an upcoming move), but it makes me miss cooking! Also, it's been hard for me during winter to eat as many veggies as I should. Fresh winter produce, namely squash, isn't that appealing to Stephen and I. We have tried it, multiple times, prepared multiple different ways, but just can't get it down. That's kind of the status of the "eat more veggies" campaign...not as much progress as I'd like, but I'm trying.

Last week, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and to officially pick a date for my certification exam...YIKES! February 11 is d-day, and I'm getting more nervous by the day. It's times like these that make me wish...
1) I put in the time earlier so I could be DONE with school/studying
2) I would not have started my job so soon, especially since my time management has been poor as of late
Ugh! I am tired of studying, but hope that I'm studying enough/the right stuff. I still have several chapters to wade through using my outlined review book. I made a study schedule to plan out the time I have left before the exam. So far, I'm about 2 days behind. Why am I such a procrastinator?! Life gets in the way of this studying thing sometimes. Short of staying up insanely late at night or getting up before the break of dawn, I haven't figured out a way to fit everything into a 24-hour period. Here's to hoping I figure it out soon...

No comments: